Pool Guidelines for Reopening
All 25 metre Swimming Pools are all open for Lane Swimming, Aquafit & SwimFit. (*Children aged 8 years+ and able to swim 200 metres+ (8 lengths) continuously can also attended Lane Sessions. Your parent / guardian will need to pre-book this for you).
All Small / Learner Pools are open for Swimming Lessons, Schools and Clubs only.
The following guidelines apply to everyone who uses Active Swimming Pools, and are there to help create a safe environment for customers and staff. Please follow these guidelines:
1. Please always follow NHS guidelines and DO NOT visit our Centres if you have any symptoms of coronavirus, you’re waiting for a coronavirus test result, you’ve tested positive for coronavirus, or you live with someone / have come into contact with someone who has had symptoms.
2. All swimming sessions, including Lane Swimming, Aquafit and SwimFit must be booked and paid for in advance. Please do not arrive at the Centre without pre-booking. We have a new Online Booking System which enables you to pre-book any activity. You can book in the following ways:
– Using our new Active Lifestyles App or our New Online Booking System through our website. Further details on both can be found here
– By calling 03003330300
If you are a regular pay as you go customer, why not consider joining? For further details please visit https://activecentres.org/memberships/ or by calling 03003330300
3. All swimmers need to arrive at the pool ‘beach ready’. This means that you will need to wear your swimming costume under your clothes.
4. Please arrive no earlier than five minutes before your session. Should you turn up any earlier, you will need to wait outside of the Centre.
5. Showers will not be available. Where possible, please take a shower before coming to the centre and one when you arrive home.
6. Lockers will be available. However please leave any valuables at home as we cannot accept any responsibility for your personal belongings.
7. Please bring a pre-filled water bottle with you. The water fountains will be available, however these are strictly only to be used to re-fill your water bottle.
8. Always follow the directional arrows. We will be operating a one-way system from main reception to changing rooms, changing rooms to poolside and poolside to changing rooms with a side exit from the building.
9. We are allowing 15 minutes between our pool sessions so that our staff can sanitise areas and equipment before the next activity begins.
10. Any equipment used in Aquafit Classes, SwimFit and Lane Swimming (including SwimTag wrist bands), will be sanitised and submerged in the pool before and after use.